OmegaGuard ™ Dietary Supplement
Ultra-pure, full-spectrum potency of seven omega-3s
The Challenge - According to the Centers for Disease Control and the American Heart Association (AHA), heart disease — specifically coronary artery disease — is still the number one cause of death of men and women in the United States. And while it was once considered a man's disease, today more women than men die from heart disease. And unfortunately, at least 100 million Americans have one or more risk factors for heart disease.
To reduce the risk of heart disease, the AHA recommends eating two servings of fish rich in omega-3 fatty acids each week. But most Americans eat fish only three times per month or less. Moreover, there are growing concerns about unsafe levels of contaminants such as mercury and lead that are now commonly found in many fish.
OmegaGuard - Ultra-pure OmegaGuard, the world’s finest fish oil that delivers a full spectrum of seven omega-3s including EPA, DHA, ALA, and more.
• Research shows that high levels of EPA and DHA omega-3 fatty acids may:
- Help reduce the risk of heart disease †(3)
- Help retain healthy triglyceride levels *(5)
- Help retain normal blood pressure *(4)
- Support brain (2) , visual (1) , and joint function *(6)
• Over 4,500 research studies on omega-3 fatty acids' effects on overall health have been conducted in the last 25 years.
• The average American intake of EPA and DHA is only 0.1 to 0.2 g/day, even though the American Heart Association recommends at least two fish meals per week to provide an
intake of about 0.3 to 0.5 g/day of EPA and DHA.
• Most American diets provide more than ten times as much omega-6 than omega-3 fatty acids,
even though there is general scientific agreement that individuals should consume more
omega-3 and less omega-6 fatty acids to promote good health.
Research shows that high levels of omega-3 fatty acids promote cardiovascular health and help
retain normal blood pressure and triglyceride levels.*
THE SHAKLEE DIFFERENCE – THE NEW STANDARD IN PURITY AND FULL-SPECTRUM POTENCY
- Ultra-pure, pharmaceutical-grade fish oil made with a proprietary triple
molecular distillation process. Concentrates beneficial omega-3s
while helping remove contaminants such as lead, arsenic,
mercury, cadmium, dioxins, and PCBs
- Suppresses formation of dangerous trans fats for a
healthier fish oil
- Minimizes odor and fishy aftertaste
- Uses no artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives
- A full spectrum of seven naturally occuring omega-3 fatty acids including EPA, DHA,
ALA, and more
- Contains higher levels of EPA and DHA than leading brands
WHO MAY BENEFIT FROM OMEGAGUARD?
• Anyone who doesn’t consume the recommended two servings of fish per week
• Anyone interested in promoting cardiovascular health
• Anyone who is concerned with maintaining healthy brain, visual, and joint functions*
For more information on how OmegaGuard can help you please visit our website:
1. SanGiovanni, J.P. and E.Y. Chew, The role of omega-3 long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids in
health and disease of the retina. Prog Retin Eye Res. 2005. 24(1): p. 87-138.
2.Young, G. and J. Conquer, Omega-3 fatty acids and neuropsychiatric disorders. Reprod Nutr Dev.
2005. 45(1): p. 1-28.
3. Calder, P.C., n-3 Fatty acids and cardiovascular disease: evidence explained and mechanisms
explored. Clin Sci (Lond). 2004. 107(1): p. 1-11.
4. Geleijnse, J.M., et al., Blood pressure response to fish oil supplementation:
metaregression analysis of randomized trials. Journal Hypers. 2002. 20(8): p. 1493-9.
5. Harris, W.S., n-3 fatty acids and human lipoprotein metabolism: an update. Lipids. 1999. 34 Suppl:
6. Curtis, C.L., et al., Biological basis for the benefit of nutraceutical supplementation in arthritis.
Drug Discov Today. 2004. 9(4): p. 165-72.
† Supportive but not conclusive research shows that consumption of EPA and DHA fatty acids
may reduce the risk of heart disease.
* THESE STATEMENTS HAVE NOT BEEN EVALUATED BY THE FOOD AND DRUG ADMINISTRATION.THIS PRODUCT IS NOT INTENDED TO DIAGNOSE, TREAT, CURE, OR PREVENT ANY DISEASE.