Without healthy joints, common activities such as bending, sitting, and walking would all be challenging. That’s because joints serve as links between bones that provide stability and control body movement.
Cartilage is an essential component of joints that provides cushioning between bones and helps absorb shock from physical impact. As we age, this protective cushioning breaks down naturally.
Additional factors such as continued physical stress and overexertion can further accelerate the breakdown of cartilage by triggering the release of chemicals that attack cartilage. The result? Joint discomfort and limited mobility.
Did You Know?
Over 28 million Americans have some form of joint-related issue.
For every pound you gain you add four additional pounds of pressure on your knees and six additional pounds of pressure on your hips. These additional pounds can put extra strain on your joints.
Here are just a few tips:
1. Maintain a healthy weight: Excess weight can place additional strain on your joints. The healthier your weight, the better your joints will feel, and the more mobile they’ll be.
2. Tone up: Strength-training and aerobic activities help reinforce muscles that support joints, so get up and get active.
3. Rest when necessary: Don’t overdo your workouts. If your joints are telling you something, listen.
4. Eat healthy: Include antioxidant-rich fruits and vegetables, omega-3 fatty acids, and phytonutrients in your diet. Not only are they good for joints, they’re great for overall health.
5. Take your supplements: Supplement your diet with New Advanced Joint Health Complex*, which contains natural ingredients, including Boswellia extract, glucosamine, vitamin C, and other joint-supporting nutrients.*
Want to keep on the latest in health & wellness and more?
Check out our blog - youtobehealthy.com
Our Shaklee Website: www.tobehealthy.myshaklee.com
Questions? Contact me and I will be happy to help! I am here to help you!
“Ignore Your Health & It Will Go Away!”