Do you know why you need to add Vitamin C to your diet?
Vitamin C boosts the immune system, this we all know, but it also has many other benefits:
- Powerful antioxidant
- Helps the body absorb iron & calcium
- Maintains cell integrity
- Protects against free radicals
- Natural antihistamine, helps allergies
- Reduces risk of heart disease
- Reduces risk of cataracts
- Increases resistance to ligament and tendon injuries
How to know if you are deficient in Vitamin C:
- Experience stress
- Chronic infections
- Frequent cold & flu
- Allergies & asthma
- Bruise easily & bleeding gums
- Varicose & spider veins
- Slow healing wounds & fractures
- Shortness of breath
- Swollen glands
Your body is capable of many things, but it can’t make Vitamin C. So we must get it from our diets, but getting enough Vitamin C is nearly impossible from food alone. We must supplement, especially during the cold & flu season.
It is very important to choose the right Vitamin C.
Synthetic Vitamin C is worthless as your body doesn’t know what to do with it. It doesn’t recognize the made up chemical compound since it isn’t the real thing.
Some “natural” forms of Vitamin C can contain toxic chemicals and they often don’t contain the other compounds found in nature that go along with it. Therefore the benefits are limited.
Why we choose Shaklee’s Vitamin C is because it is natural, it’s naturally manufactured to retain all the nutrients found in nature, including the Vitamin C and contains no synthetic chemicals or additives.
Available in Sustained Release and Chewable formulas, we have two great varieties to meet your needs:
- High-potency Vitamin C
- Proprietary sustained-release system that delivers the Vitamin C equivalent of one-and-a-half oranges every hour for five hours
- Helps maintain natural antioxidant defenses, cell integrity, and the health of eyes, teeth, gums, bones, muscles and blood vessels*
- Ideal for children or adults who have difficulty swallowing tablets.
- Great citrus flavor
Now that you realize how important Vitamin C is, be sure you have it in your arsenal to fight against the germs and viruses this season!
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.