The Super Bowl is over, the 2000 calories you consumed in four hours is now settling in on your hips, thighs, butt and around your middle. Those pants are now fitting just a little tighter and you feel…………awful.
Are you thinking that you just totally wrecked the great diet you were on and that’s it’s no use?
Are you thinking of giving up and going back to your old ways and just accept that you will remain overweight and out of shape forever?
Well, shake it off!
You are not stuck where you are!
So you over indulged a little. OK, a lot.
No big deal, you can come back from this. It just pushed your goal back a week or two is all.
You can climb back on that wagon and I am reaching out a hand to help hoist your behind on up!
Don't you dare give up on your healthy lifestyle goals. You've put in too much time and effort to give up now.
And if you haven't started at all on getting healthier, now is a great time to start!
The biggest tip I can give you is to not give up. Revisit your "why" - as to why you wanted to lose weight and get healthy this year.
Write this "why" reason down. You may have more than one. Some examples might be:
- "I want to be able to keep up with my kids."
- "My dad (or mom) died young and I want to make sure I'm here for my kids."
- "My doctor wants me to take cholesterol and blood pressure meds and that scares me."
- "I want my energy back. I want my life back!"
What is YOUR reason? Your "why" is what will help carry you through those times when you want to give up and drown yourself in a gallon of ice cream.
Write them in a positive tone and in present tense. Never state what you don't want, such as: "I don't want to be fat anymore." Never focus on the negative, think only of what you do want - the positive.
Say what you DO want, such as: "I am making better choices with my health so I can play soccer with my kids without my knees hurting."
"I am choosing to eat these healthy foods and finding ways to prepare them in tasty ways so I can look forward to fitting into those jeans I love."
Here's another one: "I want to be there to walk my daughter down the aisle. I will do this by taking charge of my health and how I live my life."
I suggest being very specific with your goals. Write them down and then write the steps you are going to take to get there.
Need an example to help you get started? Here is one way:
- Goal: To get to a healthy weight of 150 pounds and a size 6 (This is just an example - Our free HealthPrint test can help you determine what is a healthy weight based on your height, etc.)
- Why: This weight loss means I will finally fit into those jeans I've had for 8 years and I will have so much energy to do whatever I want to do - like keep up with the kids!
- How: I promise to take my butt for a walk every day for 30 minutes either outside if nice or inside on a treadmill, or at the mall if the weather isn't nice. I will also substitute one to two meals a day with a healthy alternative. I will reward myself with a new item of clothing after one month as I notice my clothes fitting looser.
- Benefits I will receive: I will have a ton of energy! My clothes will fit looser and I may even get to buy new ones! My family and friends will compliment me! My cholesterol and blood pressure numbers will improve, which could help me live a healthier, longer life! I will save money by living healthier since I may not need to spend as much on medications! I will feel great!
Do you see the picture I'm trying to get you to paint here?
You need to make that image of what you want very vivid.
Focus only on what you want, NOT on what you don't want. When you focus on what you want, your mind will go to work trying to fulfill that.
So write this reason or reasons down and post them everywhere - on the fridge, the food pantry, the bathroom mirror, the dash of your car, etc.
The Super Bowl is over and it's time to get back on the winning side of life - a healthy one!
So brush off the chip crumbs, wash out the chili stains and get back up!
You are worth it.
Your family, friends and loved ones are counting on you. They need you.
YOU need you. You are no good to anyone slumping around feeling bad about yourself. So get up and try again. You CAN do this. And we can help.
If you are still looking for a weight loss program or are ready to try something that really works, then take a look at
You can click the link to learn more or click the “Contact Us” tab up top - leave your info, what you are interested in and someone will get with you.
We recommend taking our Free HealthPrint. Just answer a few questions and get tips and ideas that may help you reach your goals.
It’s never too late to start on becoming a healthier you!
Would you like to receive our Free Healthier You Newsletter? Just tell us you do and we will be happy to!
Click here → Free Healthier You Newsletter and tell us you want to receive our newsletter. 😊